Bakewell Bridge

History of Methodism in Bakewell

The school room complex, 1867-1991 After expansion, 1991 Front of chapel, present time

The material on the history pages was taken from "A Short History of the Bakewell Churches", by W.M.Gordon Clarke. 
Reprinted from "The Derbyshire Times".  Published ~1926.
and from "Bakewell Methodist Church Centenary Year 1967, Souvenir Brochure"
and was put together for these web pages by Norman Groocock, Harold Swindell and Ian Green.

Return to homepage